Sunday, November 16, 2008

Penang Bridge International Marathon



Penang Bridge Marathon that held every year, due to motivation from my friends and my college admin so i jux give a try. actually i would luv to try the Fun Run but they say 1st time running should try the Half Marathon that is the 25km.
the night before the run, i went to Irwin's house to kill my boredom so i went to his house around 8smth and calvin called and ask go out dinner later at 9.30pm. After reaching Irwin's house that located at Tanjung Bungah(near Tarc there). due to Irwin want to go out at 10smth so he seem nt joing us but his bro Melvin join me to meet cal in Pulau Tikus market. We fetch Qin Qin at her house. We were late like half an hour due to the traffic jam in front Gurney Plaza cuz the grand new opening of the new Gurney. Eveyone seems to be so excited to rush there maybe got 'first 100 customer got discount or whatever discount' all jux using marketing strategies. After we hav out dinner, i fetch Qin Qin back then i headed Irwin's house to drop Melvin. We need to reach QB at 3smth so i chat wif Melvin until 1 smth then i went off dee.
maybe due to excitement, i accidently left my registration card in Irwin's house and i jux realize it when i go fetch Singh in Sunshine in Sungai Ara. After that, we headed to QB there to park my car. Although is like 2something in the morning, QB is like so crowded wif 'millions' of participants. I think most of the people scared of traffic jam so they reach QB early. When we reach there, those who ran for the full marathon started their run. OMG, they run for 42km leh..
i sure half way kena call ambulans de.. HAHAHAA.
Before the half marathon starts, we had to do some basic exercise such as streching ur body and legs and more de. After that, we started our half marathon journey de at 4.30am. When Singh started to run, he suddenly stop and said 'Penang Traffic Jam' cuz a lot of ppl blocking here and there so he is like hardly to cut.

We running when the sun rise

nice pic de

at this time, most of the participants heading back to the final check point

This run makes me realize something. When u driving in Highway u think the penang bridge is very short de but when u run, is like so damn long man. If nt mistaken, me and Johnny use 1 hour to finish 13.5km. so 2 hours for the whole bridge. The requirement for a certificate and a Medal is finish 25km in 3.5 hours but sadly i finish in 4 hours de. more half an hour and no cert, no medal. nvm lar, next year stil got chance. hehe..
i reach the final checkpoint around 8.30 de and faster rest my 2 beloved legs. is hurts like bloody hell. I think i wear the wrong shoes, i wear my badminton shoes and nt a jogging shoes and cause my legs very pain. haiz..
The whole thing ended around 10smth, actually we plan to go eat breakfast wan but hor.. Singh complaining his leg pain, Afandi ok, Ben going back, Johnny wan go Qb eat and a friend of mine(KAREN) from butterworth feel tired and dun wan to join me for breaksfat so nvm lo.. since so little ppl then cancel it. I went back and sleep like ' DEAD FISH'. Although the sleep is nt that nice cuz whenever i try to turn my body to the other side of my bed, my body hurts. T.T
i going to rest earlier dear readers. Goodnight.
i think i am going to take 2 tongkats to skul 2molo. HAHAHAHA

2 comments:

xuxu said...

not bad...
W850i nice picture..
XD
but din meet u there..
LOL

-XL- said...

u went to the fun run or the half marathon??